TORNADOS IN TENNESSEE
December 9, 2023
UPDATE: As of Monday, December 18, 2023 we are no longer working at this location. Please keep watching this page, as well as our Facebook page, for future opportunities to serve others.
In response to the tornados that ripped through the Clarksville, TN area on December 9, 2023 we will be working with the Church of Christ at Trenton Crossing.
We will begin accepting volunteers on Wednesday, December 13, 2023. Please DO NOT ARRIVE before then as we will not be ready for you.
According to a meeting with Red Cross and FEMA there are 500-1000 homes affected in the Clarksville area. Many of the homes are uninhabitable. Please pray for these families.
Please come help us help others and show them the love of Christ. We need you. THEY NEED YOU.
To volunteer please click this button:
As always, if you are unable to come and physically help, financial donations are much appreciated.
To make a donation online please click this button:
Donations can also be sent by mail to:
Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team
9285 S State Route 202
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
We have a new volunteer registration system called CERVIS. Registration steps are as follows:
1. Select “Sign In” and choose “Sign in to Manage your Profile”.
2. Enter your “email” address and your First Name.
3. If you have NOT previously created a “PROFILE” you will do so now. This profile will remain for future use.
4. NEXT: Follow the steps to volunteer for a specific “OPPORTUNITY”.
NOTE: To volunteer you must select “Register/Apply for an Upcoming Opportunity”. There will usually be more than one choice. (Example: An Active Disaster Site, the Reclaimed Thrift Store, or the DRT Headquarters.) BE SURE you register for the correct opportunity.
NOTE: Our registration system, Cervis, does not allow for same day registration. Therefore, we kindly ask that you register no later than midnight the DAY BEFORE you will be arriving. Example: You will be arriving Tuesday so please make sure you register Monday before midnight. If for some reason you do need to do a same day registration please call Donna Powers at 757-358-4701 and she will be able to assist you.
5. You must select EVERY DAY you will be volunteering. This must include the day you arrive on site (even if you will not be working that day) and the day you depart (even if you will not be working that day). This is very important so we can plan for meals, sleeping arrangements, and assigning jobs. We will be limiting a volunteer stay to a maximum of three weeks at a time. Your stay can be extended upon approval of the lead coordinator or the directors.
6. You will receive a confirmation of your registration by email (check your spam folder if it doesn’t appear). If you are registering for a DISASTER SITE, be sure to PRINT OUT this confirmation as it has important information about your visit.
7. Thank you, and we look forward to serving with you.
We are so thankful for so many of you that have continued to support the Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team over the years! We are now excited to announce the opening of ReClaimed! ReClaimed is a unique thrift store to benefit DRT! We have everything from furniture, home decor, glassware, kitchen items, antiques/collectibles, books, clothing for all sizes, crafts and even a Hardware/tool and equipment room!
***Soon you will be able to purchase items online. You can find ReClaimed online at: https://www.reclaimedthrift.com/
ReClaimed is located at:
2223 Needmore Road
Dayton, OH 45414
Please take moment to watch this video about DRT.
If you find yourself in the midst of a disaster, please call the Disaster Response Team at 937-308-7593. We want very much to be of service to God by serving you!
Jesus...who went about doing good...
Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good...
The Disaster Response Team is immediately available to the local congregation(s) in the disaster stricken area. The purpose of the Disaster Response Team is to aid the local congregation in recruiting and receiving volunteers to assist with the emotional and spiritual needs of the disaster victims and to assist them in the clean-up and rebuilding stage.
DRT’s efforts are possible through financial donations from churches and individuals from across the globe and by the wonderful volunteers who work with DRT. DRT is in need of more volunteers as well as funding. We guarantee that your tax deductible donation will be put to very good use helping survivors of disasters with physical, emotional and spiritual help and guidance.