UPDATE ON THE FLOODS IN KENTUCKY AND HURRICANE IAN IN FLORIDA
We are continuing to help the gulf coast area following Hurricane Ian. We are also still helping the Fleming-Neon, Kentucky area following their flooding. We are providing both locations with supplies, household items and building material.
As always, please keep all those that have been affected by this storm in prayer.
To donate, please click on the DONATE link above.
Donations can also be sent by mail to:
Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team
9285 S State Route 202
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
We have a new volunteer registration system called CERVIS. Registration steps are as follows:
1. Select “Sign In” and choose “Sign in to Manage your Profile”.
2. Enter your “email” address and your First Name.
3. If you have NOT previously created a “PROFILE” you will do so now. This profile will remain for future use.
4. NEXT: Follow the steps to volunteer for a specific “OPPORTUNITY”.
NOTE: To volunteer you must select “Register/Apply for an Upcoming Opportunity”. There will usually be more than one choice. (Example: An Active Disaster Site, the Reclaimed Thrift Store, or the DRT Headquarters.) BE SURE you register for the correct opportunity.
5. You must select EVERY DAY you will be volunteering. This must include the day you arrive on site (even if you will not be working that day) and the day you depart (even if you will not be working that day). This is very important so we can plan for meals, sleeping arrangements, and assigning jobs. We will be limiting a volunteer stay to a maximum of three weeks at a time. Your stay can be extended upon approval of the lead coordinator or the directors.
6. You will receive a confirmation of your registration by email (check your spam folder if it doesn’t appear). If you are registering for a DISASTER SITE, be sure to PRINT OUT this confirmation as it has important information about your visit.
7. Thank you, and we look forward to serving with you.
Ongoing work at the DRT Facility
When DRT is not actively working at a disaster site there is work to be done at the DRT Facility in Tipp City, OH. Check the "Volunteer Signup" page to see if we are currently taking applications for work at the Facility. If "DRT Facility" is not shown as a choice it means we are NOT currently accepting volunteers at the DRT Facility.
If "DRT Facility" is shown as a choice, please select "DRT Facility" for your work location. Please make sure each person in your group registers so we know how many volunteers we will have.
If you are not able to come and help physically, please pray about helping us financially.
Donations can be made through this website or by mail to:
Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team
9285 S. State Route 202
Tipp City, OH 45371
We appreciate you!
If you desire more information please contact us at 937-308-7593.
We are so thankful for so many of you that have continued to support the Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team over the years! We are now excited to announce the opening of ReClaimed! ReClaimed is a unique thrift store to benefit DRT! We have everything from furniture, home decor, glassware, kitchen items, antiques/collectibles, books, clothing for all sizes, crafts and even a Hardware/tool and equipment room!
***Soon you will be able to purchase items online. You can find ReClaimed online at: https://www.reclaimedthrift.com/
ReClaimed is located at:
2223 Needmore Road
Dayton, OH 45414
ANOTHER WAY TO HELP US HELP OTHERS
Want to help make a difference while you shop in the Amazon app, at no extra cost to you? Simply follow the instructions below to select "Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team" as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They'll donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on "AmazonSmile" within Programs & Features
3. Select "Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team" as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app
Please take moment to watch this video about DRT.
If you find yourself in the midst of a disaster, please call the Disaster Response Team at 937-308-7593. We want very much to be of service to God by serving you!
Jesus...who went about doing good...
Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good...
The Disaster Response Team is immediately available to the local congregation(s) in the disaster stricken area. The purpose of the Disaster Response Team is to aid the local congregation in recruiting and receiving volunteers to assist with the emotional and spiritual needs of the disaster victims and to assist them in the clean-up and rebuilding stage.
DRT’s efforts are possible through financial donations from churches and individuals from across the globe and by the wonderful volunteers who work with DRT. DRT is in need of more volunteers as well as funding. We guarantee that your tax deductible donation will be put to very good use helping survivors of disasters with physical, emotional and spiritual help and guidance.